Friday, September 25, 2009

I Am So Sad

I have lived in Lubbock for 13 years. One of the first things I noticed about Lubbock is how much pride people have for this city. It blew me away when I first moved here because I didn't find a whole lot to have pride in. But as the years have gone by I understand more of where their pride comes from, and I too have some of that same pride. One thing I always had pride for was the fact that Lubbock was a "dry" city. The fact that there was no alcohol or beer in the stores was something that I loved. This is no longer here in Lubbock! Wednesday Lubbock became a "wet" city. It makes me so sad. I have gotten used to not seeing all that in the stores, and when I went shopping today, it blew me away! No one has wasted anytime putting it out, and it has been placed in prominent spots in a lot of the stores. Some of my pride for Lubbock is now gone, and I am so sad!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

me too! :(